Each semester, SLS has employment opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students.
The SLS Student Assistant program provides motivated undergraduate students with the opportunity to assist in program development and management as we work toward the goal of creating sustainable communities. SLS Student Assistants work with SLS staff in all areas of our programming, and positions include work in communications and marketing, visual design, web design, service learning and community engagement, partner support, and office support.
Graduate students work in a focused way with our Director and other SLS staff on research and writing, and the development of strategies and tools specific to our courses and programming. These positions vary from semester to semester.
Interested in exploring work opportunities with SLS? Contact us via email.
SLS may also make students aware of external opportunities with our partners. Please see below for specific position postings, and check back frequently for more opportunities.
Operations Intern with Romp + Tumble (Spring Semester)
Romp + Tumble, a sustainable tech start up headquartered in Atlanta, GA is seeking a highly motivated operations intern with strong attention to detail who will thrive in our fun and impactful start-up environment. You will learn a lot and add great value. The operations intern will assist with inventory, logistics and supply chain management. Interested student should contact Tara Ghei at email@example.com
The work you will do will vary but include the following:
- Assist in the redesign and implementation of our inventory management process
- Assist in the redesign and implementation of our procurement process and find new avenues to procure high quality clothing at lower costs (i.e buyback or consignment models)
- Review our reverse logistics process and recommend changes to streamline and reduce costs
- Identify partners that would be beneficial to develop relationships with as we scale
- Lead high school interns in actual inventory organization
- …and much much more
- Outstanding attention to detail and research skills
- Advanced computer skills and strong familiarity with the web
- Basic understanding of operations concepts and principles, especially inventory management
- Avid learner who listens and asks good questions
- Ability to meet deadlines and produce quality work.
- Share your ideas, participate in business conversations, and take (or give) constructive criticism
- Ability to work well with others
This internship is part-time and flexible around class hours through May (could be extended through the summer). We anticipate 8-12 hours of work weekly. There will be both remote and in person work at our warehouse (in Atlanta).
About Romp + Tumble
Babies grow fast but their clothes don’t! Romp + Tumble curates and rents bundles of baby and toddler clothes for newborns to age 3. Our circular model encourages parents to rent and share as opposed to buying new for their fast growing children. Additionally, we are curating sustainability programs for other small and emerging brands. We are committed to leaving the planet a little better for the next generation. Romp + Tumble is headquartered in Atlanta, GA and serves families across the United States.
Romp + Tumble is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.