Each semester, SLS has employment opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students.
The SLS Student Assistant program provides motivated undergraduate students with the opportunity to assist in program development and management as we work toward the goal of creating sustainable communities. SLS Student Assistants work with SLS staff in all areas of our programming, and positions include work in communications and marketing, visual design, web design, service learning and community engagement, partner support, and office support.
Graduate students work in a focused way with our Director and other SLS staff on research and writing, and the development of strategies and tools specific to our courses and programming. These positions vary from semester to semester.
Interested in exploring work opportunities with SLS? Contact us via email.
Please see below for specific position postings, and check back frequently for more opportunities.
The Center for Serve-Learn-Sustain (SLS) seeks to hire a graduate student to work during Summer 2021 as a Fellow (Intern). The position is for Summer Semester only, but a student hired in the summer may be considered for continuation during the 2021-22 Academic Year (Fall & Spring Semesters). The position will function as part of the SLS Summer 2021 Internship program.
Work with SLS’s Service Learning & Partnerships Specialists to:
- Support community engagement and other co-curricular aspects of the Sustainable Communities iGniTe track (second short summer session).
- Use materials and recordings from iGniTe co-curricular offerings to create new SLS Teaching Tools.
- Research, compare, and evaluate initiatives to engage sustainability competencies and integrate the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) into teaching and research at other colleges and universities, seeking innovative approaches and models for Georgia Tech to consider.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience working in sustainability and equity/justice (action and/or research)
- Teaching experience
- Community engagement experience
Hours and Compensation:
- 25-30 hrs/wk from the week of May 18 through the week of August 7 (12 weeks)
- Compensation: $5,000
Application Deadline: Wednesday, March 31, 5PM
Please submit a brief email of interest, names and contact information of two references (one should be your adviser unless you are an incoming student), your CV or resume, and a writing sample (no more than 10 pages) to Kristina Chatfield, SLS Program and Operations Manager at email@example.com.